Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Engagement Story, v2

another version of the story, as told to The Knot.

I decided to take the day off from work on my 28th birthday. The date was 10-20-2010. My fiancée had a whole day planned out, starting with some little errands that took us to an Apple Store where I picked up my iPad (birthday gift from me, to me) then through a store where he bought me opal birthstone jewelry. We had lunch while watching the movie Red at the super fancy Gold Class cinemas in Austin Texas, where you sit in recliners with blankets and full bar and menu service. So much fun! After the movie he drove us south down to the very popular Zilker Botanical Garden. We wandered around with our cameras, snapping photos of the few flowers blooming, until we cane to a particular wooden footbridge over a water feature. He stopped. All the other people around "magically" disappeared... he started talking about us and me and him and everything and then just when I started to catch on, "Will you marry me" and down he went on one knee and handed me a ring! Of course I said Yes, yes YES!!! And the rest of the afternoon is a blur. At some point there was champagne and strawberries, and then he surprised me with dinner at the melting pot with our closest friends! Certainly a day to remember!

1 comment: