advice (2) bride's accessories (3) bride's hair (3) bride's notes (15) cake (2) ceremony (5) chairs (1) commentary (6) diy (15) dreams (1) exit (2) favors (3) flowers (7) groom (2) guest services (3) inspiration (5) laugh (4) Lists (4) lj (1) music (2) non-seating reception tables (2) origami (1) readings-quotes (1) reception (3) rehearsal dinner (1) supplies (6) tablescapes (9) the bride's ladies (1) update (6) veil (1) visual memories (2)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Suppose we were to have Themed Tables.
What's a garden-loving Geek to do?
Table Theme Ideas:
- Cooking (floral arrangement that includes artichokes, asparagus, and cabbage, in a pot instead of a vase, surrounded by cooking gadgets)
- Final Fantasy games: colored stone Materia (glass paperweights) and some (fake?) protea and other odd flowers in small vases, around the Highwind and Cloud Strife models
- Photography (arrangement of photos clipped onto the end of sticks, in a photo vase, with camera parts around the base of the vase)
- Gardening, bucket with potted hyacinth flower (ten points to whoever knows the reference!) and garden tools arranged in a "wreath" around the bucket
- Our favorite technology, TBD (Apple, X-Box, iStuff)
- World of Warcraft, figurines and a homemade hearthstone
- Portal (not sure how to do this just yet)
- Beer glass collection
- Outdoors/Camping (Miniature tent, lit from the inside, surrounded by earthy candles and tin camping cups as vases)
- Legos, pirate ship and something new
Friday, April 15, 2011
I set up the calendar/timeline yesterday and am concerned about how much we have to do between September and December. Thats already the busiest part of the year! I think my goal for the end of Spring is to see what we can hash out before then just to make it easier later.
Link to calendar: http://goo.gl/7JEoG