Wednesday, July 20, 2011

flowers

hokay so it looks like we may be having half a symphony playing during our ceremony.

Which means I'll be cutting the budget in other places.  Mostly by minimizing the flowers.   I wonder if small potted plants would be cheaper for the tables?  Or cactus/succulents/bromeliads?
My bouquet does not need to be particularly big at all.  My ladies aren't going to carry flowers.
I'm thinking about making use of more non-florals for the guestbook/cake/whatever tables as well.
spray painted branches
paper lanterns  (read:  sheets of scrapbooking vellum taped into a cylinder!)
LED candles LED tealights  going to need lots of LED "candles" since HH doesn't allow real candles

My bouquet, still "clutch" long stem style:
circus roses
irises
lilies of the valley
lavender
bear grass loosely "woven" over the top?  maybe?
palm frond/banana leaf kinda greenery



These are the recommended florists:

Floral Design
v      The Flower Studio- cobyneal.com- 512.236.0916
v      The Gala Gal-www.thegalagal.com-512.695.4538
v      Mandarin Flower Co. www.mandarinflower.com
v      Park Crest Floral- Parkcrestfloral.com- 512.467.4024
v      The Flower Child- flowerchilddesigns.com- 512.251.8869



But before I call any I need to lay out my tablescape plans.  I need a big dry erase board.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment